Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Requisitiuem

I.
The wise wives say when separating
One should never watch the other disappear,
For every second that you linger
Delays return another year.

II.
Stolen glances past the shoulder
Catch eyefuls of salt
That stain shirt sleeves
And collars
Crusted thick and white

Where strained expectations
Meet and polish sharp again
Their edges against

Words too hard
Words too soft
Words not spoken
Words that can not

Will not
Write speak forget forgive
Themselves

III.
I cast a cold shadow
Over my eyes
And spit ice
Under my throat.
I gouge you from my flesh
And sow corn in the furrows
To harvest for the welcome feast.

I save my salt
To preserve our meat.

IV.
hands clasped, off-cast
skin of the mantis
outlasts
courtship and blood
amen

No comments:

Protected by: