Friday, May 6, 2022

I want

I want to bury my face in your hair
and die
with your scent in my lungs.

I want to wrap my arms around you and squeeze
like you're the last bit of toothpaste in the tube.

I want to find every man that hurt you
and beat him
at everything he's best at
in front of everyone he ever respected.

I want to find the mean girls from high school
make them fall in love with me
and dump them on prom night
by showing up with you.

I want to know every inch of you with my tongue.

I want to listen to you laugh after midnight
when we both have to work in the morning.
I want to rub our foreheads together
and let fireflies explore our skin by moonlight.

I want to have to throw away my favorite
black silk shirt
because you ripped the buttons off
with your teeth.

I want to regret saying
some fucked up shit
that makes you look at me
that way.

I want to laugh together
at some other fucked up shit I said
that makes you look at me
that other way.

I want to hold your hair when you puke.
I want to know what your farts sound like
but not what they smell like, because that's gross.

I want to know what your breath tastes like in the morning.
I want to hold you while you soak my face with tears.
I want to know everything there is to know about you
and keep it to myself.

I want to start making love on the beach as the sun goes down
and finish as it comes back up.

I want to make love in the middle of the day
and go back to work without taking a shower
so when I unzip to piss
your scent will hit me in the face
like a cloud of love bugs on the grill of a semi
and I'll remember every noise you made at once
and I will spontaneously sigh-groan out loud in remembered ecstasy before I can catch myself,

drawing funny looks from the other men at the urinals.

I want to go to bed mad at you
and wake up ashamed of myself.
I want to cover you like an atomic force field
and take all of your pain for my own.
I want to make you moan
and your legs shake like Michael J Fox.

I want to make you forget
what pain and hunger feels like.
I want to make you wish
the world would end when we kiss
because every moment that we don't is a disappointment.
I want to give you your space.

I want to listen to you babble about the minutia of your day
in excruciatingly painful detail
while I rub oil into your breasts and thighs.
I want to make you feel alive.

I want to wake up with pins and needles
because you fell asleep laying on my arm.
I want to eat your sin and feed you love.

I want to open pickle jars for you.
I want to reach into the back of the top shelf in the cupboard
to get that thing you need as often as you need to use it.

I want to move at your speed.
I want to make you blush when I tell you how I feel.
I want to hold you in the dark till neither one of is afraid.

In a word,
I want you.

No comments:

Protected by: